2836 El Centro Road
Sacramento, CA 95833
Phone: (916) 646-6688
All electricians working for a C-10 electrical contractor must be certified by the state of California. To work as an electrician, you must be one of the following:
• Journeyman electrician
certified by having passed the state exam.
• Apprentice electrician indentured in a state-approved apprenticeship.
• Electrician trainee enrolled in an electrician trainee program within a state approved school.
• The Sacramento IBEW/NECA Electrical Training Center
(SETC) is an approved school (#178) in partnership with American River College
• Attending a trainee class is mandatory by state law. Failure to attend class will void eligibility to work within the state.
Fill out Application for NEW Registration of Electrician Trainee (Form DAS-ECF4)
Enter your name on the application EXACTLY as it is listed on your driver's license. This Application for New Registration is available at the IBEW/NECA Electrical Training Center (JATC), located at 2836 El Centro Road, Sacramento.
Enter your driver’s license number and state, birthday, and mailing address. This is how you will receive information from the state Department of Industrial Relations (DIR).
Skip the boxes marked [Optional] and Company information.
If you are a member of IBEW Local Union 340, enter Sacramento Area Electrical Training Center for Approved School Name and 178 as the approved school number. If not a member, enter the Approved School Name if you have registered to take a class there.
* If you wish to make membership to IBEW Local Union 340, visit their webpage (http://ibewlocal340.org/) and click on "Join IBEW".
If you are a member of IBEW Local Union 340, provide the application to the Training Center which will attach a $25 check to your application payable to DIR-Electrician Certification Fund and will mail the documents to them. If you are not a member, mail the completed form with all required attachments to the address shown on the form.